In this Episode
This week we are bringing you a special episode – the live launch of Feisty Media’s newest production; the Feisty Women’s Performance Podcast.
We have observed that there is A LOT of B.S. information out there for women coming from the fitness and health industries, which gets even worse as we age. Because of this, we saw the need to bring trusted information to women so we can feel and perform our best.
The launch of the Women’s Performance Podcast features host Sara Gross, with three change-makers, movers, and shakers in the women’s performance space – Dr. Stacy Sims, Selene Yeager, and Jamila Gale-Agans.
They discuss multiple topics around performance and dive deep in order to provide solid information and access to resources for active women, coaches, parents, race directors, and companies.
- Stacy Sims provides perspective on the biggest changes in her field of research, and what new directions she is seeing that will help women.
- Selene discusses changes she has seen in the fitness industry and media, and how she vets information when working on an article or looking for a guest on the “Hit Play Not Pause” podcast
- Jamila paints a picture of her time as a US Army Officer and the cultural assumptions she had to navigate in this “culture within a culture.”
They also provided valuable roundtable insight on questions from both Sara and the live audience, including:
- What does it mean for you to focus on performance in your life? And, how has it changed through the years?
- What does it mean to continue to focus on performance as we age?
- How do history and culture affect our work, research, and performance?
- Why is it important to look at performance through a variety of lenses?
- What’s the best advice you’ve received as a performance-minded individual?
- How do you make strength training fun?
- How do I know if I need a rest day, or if I’m just being lazy? (spoiler alert: you’re NOT lazy)
- Do you train according to your cycles?
- What is your advice on recovery?
This is our time to learn, grow, and thrive. It’s not about standing on a podium (although some of us will); it’s about being able to do the things we love throughout our life.
Subscribe and Follow the Feisty Women’s Performance Podcast
We are now accepting proposals to speak at the Women’s Performance Summit. We currently have four pillars of presentations and topics: Physiology, Nutrition, Psychology and Mental Health, and Social/Cultural. To submit a presentation follow this link.
Why We Started the Women’s Performance Podcast By Feisty CEO, Sara Gross, PhD
For all Feisty Resources, including podcasts, courses, articles, and more
**Support the Podcast**
Sign up for the Feisty Triathlon Team at feistyteam.com
Orca Sportswear: Code – IRONWOMEN15 = 15% off
That’s It: 20% off first order at thatsitfruit.com/ironwomen with code IRONWOMEN
Nuun Hydration: code StayFeisty for 30% off at nuunlife.com
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podsights – https://podsights.com/privacy
Chartable – https://chartable.com/privacy